We always welcome suggestions on how to improve our documentation, as well as pull requests with corrections and additions.
Please see the documentation prerequisites
section for details on what you need in order to build the HPX documentation.
Enable building of the documentation by setting
during CMake configuration. To build the documentation build the
target using your build tool. The default output format is HTML documentation.
You can choose alternative output formats (single-page HTML, PDF, and man) with
HPX_WITH_DOCUMENTATION_OUTPUT_FORMATS CMake option.
If you add new source files to the Sphinx documentation you have to run CMake again to have the files included in the build.
The documentation is written using reStructuredText. These are the conventions used for formatting the documentation:
- Use at most 80 characters per line.
- Top-level headings use over- and underlines with
- Sub-headings use only underlines with characters in decreasing level of
- Use sentence case in headings.
- Refer to common terminology using
- Indent content of directives (
.. directive::) by three spaces.
- For C++ code samples at the end of paragraphs, use
::and indent the code sample by 4 spaces.
- For other languages (or if you don’t want a colon at the end of the
.. code-block:: languageand indent by three spaces as with other directives.
- For other languages (or if you don’t want a colon at the end of the paragraph) use
.. list-table::to wrap tables with a lot of text in cells.